H/C Reveals

Jun. 1st, 2019 12:31 pm
nause: me on a kayak, but not yet in the water! (Default)
[personal profile] nause
So, I received one brilliant fic and wrote three. Looking back, I'm quite proud of everything and despite the occasional moment of anxiety, it's been quite a nice escape from my offline existence to be honest.



The Whirligig of Time by reine_des_corbeaux
Dark Matter - Michelle Paver
Gus Balfour/Jack Miller
Ghosts, Haunting, Survivor Guilt, Canonical Character Death, Time-Looping Dreams, came back wrong, Post-Canon, bittersweetness, Forehead Kisses, Emotional Hurt/Comfort

I loved this a lot! I find Gus haunts Jack fics to be really interesting, because they're so ambivalent. Here, it's really ambiguous whether or not this is a good thing for Jack or completely destructive; I lean towards the latter, but despite this what they do manage to salvage is really beautiful.




Pull my ribs apart for PositivelyVexed
Dark Matter - Michelle Paver
Gus Balfour/Jack Miller
Gus lives, Post-Canon, Emotional Hurt/Comfort, Touch-Starved, reaching out

There were moments during writing this where I was really worried that it would turn out to be boring, but I'm happy with it as a whole, I think. Pining! Repressed pining! Touch starved repression pining! And it was great to write a proper Gus lives fic and a proper get together as well.

Sink and Rise for PositivelyVexed
Dark Matter - Michelle Paver
Gus Balfour/Jack Miller
Canon Divergence, Haunting, Time-Loop, Treat

This is the only fic I've ever written more or less in one go (with an exception for the very last scene), and the only fic I've ever written chronologically. It's the product of two or three hours of non-stop writing while ill and sleep deprived, and as a result it has a lot of repeating patterns and also, I think, a sense of urgency an compulsion. It's a bit confused in its end result but I'm quite proud of it.

the thin creep of the sea for reine_des_corbeaux
Dark Matter - Michelle Paver
Gus Balfour/Jack Miller
Haunting, Post-Canon, trying to comfort, Treat

I think this was the first fic for h/c I started and successfully finished. It reminds me of Vague and Dissolute a bit -- very short scenes and a focus on atmosphere. I wrote a lot of it surreptitiously on Word in public and then c&ped to email, and it strikes me now that I won't be doing that again.

Profile

nause: me on a kayak, but not yet in the water! (Default)
nause

January 2020

S M T W T F S
   12 34
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 09:35 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios